The day is finally here, Miss Mary is complete and framed and hanging on my wall.
I wanted to share all the details about this “Big Girl” all in one place so that you could reference everything at once.
I did film YouTube video showing these changes up close and personal if you want to see:
Here are all the details:
Pattern: Mary Morgans
Designer: Fox & Rabbit (Pattern available via pdf on their website)
Fabric: 16 ct LFA Aida Norester Gray available from Treehouse Fiber Arts (www.thknits.com)
Floss: Called for DMC, stitched 2 strands over 1
Tiger Lily Changes Made:
- Border was stitched symetrically. There are 2 areas in the chart where Miss Mary stitch count were off a bit, but I didn’t catch these stitches during my border stitching.
- I’m missing 4 birds – this was another counting error on my part with the upper teal/green motifs. I didn’t leave enough space for the second set of birds.
- I charted and added the letter Y and I. See graph paper charting if you want to stitch the letters.
- I changed the colors of the letters a bit. The white DMC floss wasn’t really showing up on my fabric, so when white was called for in the letters, I swapped the colors around so that the white was on the interior and not the exteriors.
- I didn’t stitch the 2 cats and 2 wolfs??? in the bottom band. Instead I took one of the motifs from the upper letter band area and stitched it below.
- I removed Mary’s name stitch and added another rainbow ribbon along the bottom band.
- I removed the biblical Welsh quote and instead charted an Oscar Wilde quote “Color can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways”
Link to PDF – Custom Quote Chart: Color Speak Stitch
I framed this myself using a 19×19 inch custom frame purchased from