This fall I’ve already made 3 of my FAVORITE homemade Apple Pies. I found this recipe years & years ago back when my kids were babies and we would go apple picking….and come home with 3 buckets of fresh Virginia apples. It has been a family favorite ever sense. ENJOY FRIENDS!
Kari’s Favorite Apple Pie Recipe
1 pre-made Pie Crust (you can make your own, but I go easy)
1/2 cup Sugar
3T all purpose flour
7 medium/large fresh apples (I’ve used all kinds Honey Crisp, Gala, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, etc.) peeled and thinly sliced.
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 quick booking rolled oats
1/2 cup butter
1. Line a 9 inch pie plate with crust. Preheat over to 375.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon. Add apples and gently toss until coated.
3. Transfer apple mixture to pie plate.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together crumb topping ingredients except butter.
5. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
6. Springle crumb topping over apples.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
8. Remove from oven, cool on wire rack.
9. Store in the refrigerator and tastes even better if made the day before serving.
10. Serve it warm (microwave works) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUMMY!
Drop me a comment and let me know if you try it and what you thought.
Kari aka Tiger Lily